The Office of the City Planning and Development Coordinator is currently one of the nineteen (19) departments under the City Government of Davao with mandated functions provided in the Local Government Code. The office is actually tasked to mainstream programs, projects and activities of the City Government for implementation contributing to the realization of the City’s Vision.
Constant coordination with all departments as well as concerned national agencies is being maintained by the office to properly disseminate information that is necessary for the accomplishment of the City Mayor’s commitment to the people of Davao City.
Various services in the fields of Zoning Enforcement, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Housing and Homesite, and Geographic Information are extended by the office to the general public to aid the people in whatever related concerns they may have. These major functions of the office also serve as tool in assisting the City Mayor as well as the Legislative Body of the City Government in carrying out their task for the greater good of the City.
- 1974 – Resolution 1780, Ordinance 1263, s. 1974 created the City Planning & Dev’t. Board (CPDB)
- 1975 – Administrative Order 2 s. 1975 by the City Mayor formally organized the CPDB
- 1977 – Creation of City Planning Technical Staff
- 1980 – Creation of the City Planning & Dev’t. Office and the City Dev’t. Council
- 1991 – RA 7160 enhanced and broadens the functions of the CPDO
- 1996 – E.O. No. 5 (Reorganization) paved the way for much broader functions taking in the devolved function of DTI (in investments promotion undertaking) as well as performed the enlarged function of the City Housing Office
Who we are
What we do
Functions of the CPDO As stated in the 1996 Re-Organization, E.O. #5
- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical, and other development plans and policies for consideration of the City Development Council:
- Recommends,causes and directs the conduct of continuing studies, researches, and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation
- Integrates and coordinates all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different function groups or agencies;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects, and activities in the LGU concerned accordance with the approved development plans.
- Prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning documents for the consideration of the Local Development Council;
- Analyze the income & expenditure patterns, formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the Finance Committee of the LGU concerned;
- Promote people participation in development planning within the LGU ;
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the City Development Council;
- Perform the devolved functions of the DTI to undertake investments marketing information system, studies and researches on industrial development services and investment support services;
- Perform the enlarged functions of the City Housing Office, formerly under the Office of the City Mayor
- Directs and oversees the proper administration, implementation and/or enforcement of the city zoning ordinance;
- Conducts continuing zoning research and evaluation on a case to case basis;
- Undertakes various zoning related activities such as site inspection and investigation occasionally, or necessary;
- Make periodic monitoring of the city’s existing land uses patterns vis-a-vis the land use plan;
- Provides sufficient assistance to the Sangguniang Panglungsod in formulation of suitable zoning policies and in updating, amending and or proposing amendments to the existing zoning ordinance;
- Coordinates Closely with national agencies as well as city departments and other functional groups of the city government on matters pertaining to the implementation of the zoning plan of Davao City;
- Develops plans for geographic and tabular data conversion and integration;
- Collects geographic data from various government agencies and private entities;
- Plots geographic data either by visual identification, ground survey or technical description;
- Converts geographic and tabular data to digital form and integrates the same;
- Arranges various geographic and tabular data for analysis printing and production;
- Processes various geographic and tabular data required by users or clients;
- Conducts orientation on digitizing and operation of GIS hardware and software;
- Designs / redesigns systems and procedure to incorporate mapping in GIS- related functions; and
- Provides GIS technical assistance to various city government projects.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other functions and duties as may be prescribed by law or ordinance;